**Hatch Complete**Day 23 on 9 eggs but,....

YEAH!!!! Goooooo little chickies!!!

Kitty, I meant to ask you what kind of chicken laid the egg in your avatar? I have a similar one in my bator, although it's not quite as in half as yours.

Last edited:
Quote:
I am going to give you this link. I hope it helps your baby that is having difficulty standing.....

I am amazed that you hatched from a skillet!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good thing they don't have the equivalent of veal! (or do they?
sickbyc.gif
)These babies might not have gotten outta that pot!
gig.gif

http://www.guineafowl.com/fritsfarm/guineas/problems/

You may not need this info, but I thought the divider at the bottom was genius. (I have a parapalegic chick that, alas, is never going to walk....) I assume you know about splay/spraddle legs too. So I won't post anything about that. I am hoping the little one does ok.
smile.png

Quote:
I am going to give you this link. I hope it helps your baby that is having difficulty standing.....

I am amazed that you hatched from a skillet!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good thing they don't have the equivalent of veal! (or do they?
sickbyc.gif
)These babies might not have gotten outta that pot!
gig.gif

http://www.guineafowl.com/fritsfarm/guineas/problems/

You may not need this info, but I thought the divider at the bottom was genius. (I have a parapalegic chick that, alas, is never going to walk....) I assume you know about splay/spraddle legs too. So I won't post anything about that. I am hoping the little one does ok.
smile.png

Thanks for the info. I will give the little one sometime but, if it doesn't manage then I will give this a try.

Yes, I know about splay/spraddle legs. And I know if I get one I can just search here. There have been many a post on them!

Quote:
My little guy did the same thing for about a day. I gave him the baby vitamins and that seemed to help a lot. I think he was just really weak and he had one crooked toe. I don't know if it was the vitamins though or just needed that extra day to rest up.

The fourth chick is out!
4thchick7-9-08.jpg

Here is a pic of the first 2 laying next to the box the third one is in. Every now and then they standup and crane to see in at the little one.
Comforting.jpg

Back
Top Bottom