**Hatch Complete**Day 23 on 9 eggs but,....

How many cows do you have? Does it take two hours in the AM and two hours in the PM EVERYDAY???

Now I know why I left the farm.... but I do miss that whole, fresh chilled milk.

Sorry it took so long. We had company show up. Here is the little one that hatched during milking.
Firsthatched7-8-08.jpg

I'm using the skillet to hatch in as the bator has other eggs going.
Skilletviewofhatch.jpg

The other two pips are still sitting there. I did remove some shell from pip #2 because it pipped on the wrong end and I was concerned about it. The little one is doing okay though. It's still waiting for it's veins to completely die back.

Mahonri-We are milking 34 cows. It takes roughly 2 hours by the time you get the units ready and get started until you get the units washing. We have pipeline.

Better get back to company.

Oh my gosh, it really never occurred to me that when you said you were hatching in a skillet...you were really hatching in a skillet! I thought it was slang for something I hadn't quite figured out yet!
th.gif

Love the babies! Congratulations!

Congrats Kitty! I am so happy for you.
smile.png
You so deserved for this hatch to go smoothly for you.
hugs.gif
What wonderful news!
clap.gif

im so happy ive never hatched some but wow hatching your own i bet the babies are tired.
wink.png
. so you should let us know if any more hatch hope the others stay alive.

Still just the one. It is now in the brooder as I checked the one that pipped at the wrong end. That one is still waiting for the blood veins to die back. The other pip has cheeped but, that's about it.

Back
Top Bottom