HATCH COMPLETE! I have 15 beautiful Delaware chicks.

the delahorns are moving along...i think maybe one may not be fertile. since this is my first time incubating, i could be totally wrong though.

still need a higher candle power light to see through the brown eggs.

CSIBB....the ginormous double yolker has veins....no joke. i think both yolks are developing. of course, we know the odds are not good, but it is interesting to see.

so sorry to hear about your young man! that is frustrating.

Miss_Jayne, I can't wait to check out that double yolker! Good luck!
thumbsup.gif
Sounds like everything's going great for you too.

csibb, I too am very sorry to hear about your roo. What is meant to be will be. Any idea what was wrong with him?

Quote:
Was the one you crushed a larger white one? I have been having issues with my older Buff Hen and I think those eggs are hers.

Quote:
Was the one you crushed a larger white one? I have been having issues with my older Buff Hen and I think those eggs are hers.

no, a RIR. it was pretty small and thin.

the white large eggs are not showing anything yet. but day 7 will be Saturday, so i am not making any assumptions yet. just going to wait and see.

so fun!

Quote:

the white large eggs are not showing anything yet. but day 7 will be Saturday, so i am not making any assumptions yet. just going to wait and see.

so fun!

Weird! I usually have to really crack theirs to open them.

Quote:

so fun!

Weird! I usually have to really crack theirs to open them.

well, the seasons are changing...maybe someone had an 'off' day!
lol.png

i'll keep checking...the kids are really enjoying it!

I wouldn't hold my breath on the large white ones, Rhett is molting and I think he has really slacked off on Rooster Duty.
The smaller ones should be pretty good, I know Curly & Larry are very active......
gig.gif

My 2 Houpingtons are just the cutest, I can't wait for feathers to see what they will do!

I have 6 RIR eggs set aside and will stick them in this weekend, I am waiting on some other eggs to get here tomorrow. I will have 30 eggs going in, unless my Lakenvelders lay one or two, but I think they have stopped on me now.

I know! I am still not sure if they will poof like Larry, right now they just look like Chocolate Chicks.
They do have dark legs and one looks like it might get horns like a Houdan.
This will be interesting to say the least.
I am wondering if they might all be a bit different?

it's going to be fun finding out, for sure! chocolate chickens!

we have a Larry, Moe and Curly too! all Blue Slate turkeys. Curly has curled toes on one foot that i didn't want to straighten. he gets around perfectly and roosts fine.

Back
Top Bottom