HATCH COMPLETE! I have 15 beautiful Delaware chicks.

shelleyb1969

Star Bright Farm
11 Years
Jul 24, 2008
Brown City, Michigan (Thumb)
I just put 25 eggs from csibb into the bator last night.
yippiechickie.gif
20 of them are pure Delawares, and 5 of them are Delaware/Leghorn cross. I'm soooo super excited about these eggs as I'm hoping for a great hatch.
fl.gif
Csibb's birds are just beautiful. I'm in very high hopes that these eggs were NOT scrambled in shipping...these were sent UPS and the box arrived completely unharmed, which has only happened twice in 6 shipments from the USPS priority mail! I'll know more after the first candling. I'm also trying the dry incubation method with these, as the humidity in my house is pretty high to start with. So far, the bator is staying between 30-40%. I'm also incubating these at a lower temp, 99-101 degrees in a still air. I'll be updating this post as things happen, so stay tuned!

13587_delaware_eggs_002.jpg

Last edited:
thats my incubator which reminds me i need more eggs.

can someone list a good website that you have used that does not cost you an arm and a leg.

i paid $40 for a dozen BO eggs they arrived fine but only one hatched and it was crippled and deformed and i had to hand feed it and give it water for two days until it died
hit.gif

Quote:
Thanks Becky! Any advice/info you can give me on dry incubation would be greatly appreciated, such as minimum humidity levels during incubation and hatch. I'm very nervous using this method, but considering how my other hatches have turned out, this method can't be any worse!
lau.gif

can someone list a good website that you have used that does not cost you an arm and a leg.

i paid $40 for a dozen BO eggs they arrived fine but only one hatched and it was crippled and deformed and i had to hand feed it and give it water for two days until it died

Its always a pleasure to just get Eggs from a fellow BYC'er! If you want Delawares I bought Eggs from Shortcake1806.

Edit: Sorry I just saw you wanted Buff Orps. There are plenty on here that have those! Maybe go to the breeder section.... GL

Last edited:
ohhhhhh.....mine are coming next week! wooo hooo! matching sets!

i cannot believe it! Rick made room for all my brooders in the garage today! he is almost as excited as me, he just acts like he isn't. i'm not fooled.

(you should here him talking to the packing peanuts in the little brooder...)

Back
Top Bottom