Hatch date May 17! anybody else?

Nine chicks out, one looks a bit iffy
fl.gif
...I will try to post pics tomorrow, after church when I have more time. I hate to go to bed, and miss any that might hatch tonight.
pop.gif
Guess it just gives me another reason to get up early in the morning.
jumpy.gif

oops....we goofed.
th.gif
So after supposedly "locking down" I got on byc forum and figured out that we locked down a day early! So I took out both of the plugs on the incubator and turned the eggs again. We had them on an automatic egg turner up until earlier this day. I'll turn them a few more times tonight and tomorrow and keep my fingers crossed. Here's hoping we have some chickieeees on Wednesday! yippee!

I've got 5 under a broody that are due to hatch Tuesday 17th. I think only 3 are good though. Started with 6 and one broke pretty early on. Setting up the brooder just in case Mom isn't interested.

I have 27 ring neck eggs that just went into lock-down. Due to pop Tuesday 5/17 to Wed 5/18. My third try with pheasant eggs. Good luck with your hatch. I've learned a bit from two previous hatches of silkies, frizzles and even hatched two Seramas.... boy ! Are THEY cute !

Last edited:
Any chicks anybody? day 19 and still no pips for me...I really hope I have some by the end of the day...The eggs I have in there were bought shipped to me from someone on byc in missouri, i think all the way to Maine...So Ive been a bit nervous about this hatch and I really really hope they hatch...

Quote:
If it makes you feel any better I went into lockdown the night before day 18 instead of on day 18, so i was a bit early but not bad..

Quote:
No pips here...although I swear i see some of the eggs vibrating! But it's probably just my overeager hovering....

Mine are vibrating too. Rockin n Rollin but no pips yet

Back
Top Bottom