Hatch date of April 17th! Anybody with me?

I had 4 pips when I left for work this morning. Can't wait to get home
smile.png

6 pips now and THIS:
love.gif

4525261037_9dfbf4f79d.jpg

But by now, this cute little blondie has already began to waddle about over the eggs, sleep on them here and there, then waddle some more. The nice thing is how quiet he/she is! It's amazing, for a first chick? I was expecting some peeeep peeep by now.
smile.png

Quote:
LOL, same here for mu ducklings, 3 pips and no hatches! And yes, ducklings do seem to take longer, at least for me they do. Come on babies
fl.gif

Quote:
LOL, same here for mu ducklings, 3 pips and no hatches! And yes, ducklings do seem to take longer, at least for me they do. Come on babies
fl.gif

it seems like ducklings always take a full 24 hours after pipping to rest before zipping (at least for me they do!). But then once they begin to zip then they are outta there no time!

Illia~~ that is awesome. So, cute.
wee.gif

18 in the nursery, 3 in the incubator that just hatched, 21 to go.
I had to set up a nursery, they were not drying and I could not get the humidity down, even with the plugs out and the majority of the water drained the humidity was still at 85%. Set up a nursery in a plastic storage container, placed a heating pad in the bottom with a dry towel over the heating pad. Waited a while for everything to warm up and quickly moved the chicks. They are all happy, dry and warm in the nursery. The humidity in the incubator is now down to 75% and eggs are still hatching. Ingenuity, that is what we have to have.

Back
Top Bottom