Hatch date of April 17th! Anybody with me?

Quote:
good plan lol. I never thought I'd say his, but I am actually glad I had to work today. If I had stayed home I wouldn't have gotten a thing done!!

Try Working from home! I swear I am not going to get any work done today, I keep checking the eggs like every 5 minutes! I even left for an hour this morning to get my mind off them, came home and the only difference was that the one that pipped yesterday may have pushed out the pip a little more.
barnie.gif

Quote:
good plan lol. I never thought I'd say his, but I am actually glad I had to work today. If I had stayed home I wouldn't have gotten a thing done!!

Try Working from home! I swear I am not going to get any work done today, I keep checking the eggs like every 5 minutes! I even left for an hour this morning to get my mind off them, came home and the only difference was that the one that pipped yesterday may have pushed out the pip a little more.
barnie.gif

I did the same thing yesterday. I had to run some errands and I took my time. the first one did not hatch until 4:30, just in time for the kids to get home from school to watch the first chick hatch. That first one sure took it's sweet ole time but now, they are hatching non stop it seems.

hit.gif
I have one internal pip but I am leaving the house until Sunday. I have a friend coming over tomorrow to take pictures. I am so upset I won't be here to see it for myself.
hit.gif

Quote:
Just curious, I have noticed a lot of goose hatchers talk about internal pips, is this before lockdown, or are goose lockdowns not as strict as other species about lockdown. I have my first goose eggs coming next week, so I'm anxious.

Quote:
Just curious, I have noticed a lot of goose hatchers talk about internal pips, is this before lockdown, or are goose lockdowns not as strict as other species about lockdown. I have my first goose eggs coming next week, so I'm anxious.

I cool and mist the eggs up until they pip externally. So today, day 27 when I cooled them, I checked to see if they pipped through the air sac. After im done, I mist the incubator with warm water, and the humidity bumps back up to around 80%. I also open the bator when chicks are hatching out to check if others have pipped the air sacs, and do the same thing with spraying water in the incubator, and haven't had a problem with any getting shrink wrapped. I check my call eggs also.

I have 4 chicks, about 7 pips, and no zips yet. I always seem to have chicks that wait before the previous one hatched, crawled out, and settled down before they zip. It's like a waiting line.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom