Hatch date starts: NOW:

Rachelj07

Songster
10 Years
Jun 15, 2009
So does anyone else have a hatch date of....today? Mine runs from today though Sunday. I checked them this morning and I couldn't see any signs, but boy am I impatiant. Well if anyone else hatches today (though this weekend), best of luck!

I have a broody sitting on 11 that was supposed to start yesterday....
idunno.gif
. I know something is going on in there because she won't get up AT ALL--which is unusual for her. With my anxiety over these chicks my husband is convinced that I need an incubator so that I can SEE what is going on
big_smile.png

Good luck on your hatch!!

Incubatoring is the best! I have a hard time though even with that, I can't imagine what it would be like if I couldn't see.

Well, I just went out to check on her and she kicked out a dud egg, got up and took a poo..........I'm guessing there's no babies yet if she got up. How about you???

Not home yet from work but wishing I was
smile.png
Dud egg? was it just empty or did it get cracked and you found it was just not developed? I really need to call home and see if we have any
smile.png
I think I'll go do that. If I find I have some, I'll edit. Keep me updated on yours
smile.png
I'm a nervous hatcher.

Day 21 is tomarrow for me and I am about to die with anxiety, I said it is like waiting for popcorn to pop or watching a pot of water. I just keep running the last 20 days thru my head to see if I can pick out something that might cause them to not hatch! Good Luck to you both.

I do the same. I'm thinking did the temp go okay humidity. I called home and nothing yet
sad.png
I'm so worriesome, it's watching the pot boil, won't go any faster staring at it, but hatch!
smile.png
Good luck on your hatch. What eggs do both of you guys have? Mine are mutts, RIR hen, BR hen, SLW hen in with a Silkie Roo and Phoenix Roo.

In this hatch, I have 1 Anaconna egg, 1 OEQ Bantum(pretty sure it quit but wasn't positive so I left it) 10 RIR and 16 Black Australorp. I am thinking I am going to go crazy waiting for them to hatch. I haven't stared at that bator as much in the first 18 days. At this point I am reasoning with my self since this is my first chicken hatch that if I get one I should be happy but then there is they side of me looking at all 28 eggs thinking how cool would it be if I got close to a 100% hatch. Just a waiting game now and I think they are gonna win!

For the eggs under mine I have 3 EE's, 1 Cochin, 1 Leghorn, and 5 Barred Rocks.......just a combination of my barnyard mix-
big_smile.png
The dud she kicked out just wasn't developed at all. I didn't candle because this wasn't her first rodeo and I figured she'd work it out....I want to run out there right now (it's 8 p.m.). I haven't checked on her since 2...
146fs495919.gif

cheerleader02.gif
icon_pink_babydust.gif
cheerleader02.gif

Back
Top Bottom