hatch day :)) 10/30/2012

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by CReagan, Oct 30, 2012.

1. CReagan

CReagan Out Of The Brooder

Oct 10, 2012
    Florida
    My Coop
    well today is hatch day.. ive seen movement from day 19 but still no signs of external piping... hurry up already! [​IMG]

2. Congrats! And welcome to BYC. I have 5 eggs Piping right now Hatch day is Tomorrow on Halloween.

3. CReagan

Oct 10, 2012
    Florida
    My Coop
    Thank you! And congrats to you on yours...I'm still waiting hoping to go check on them and see something but still nothing.. [​IMG] never knew this would be so nerve wrecking..

4. It always is! Hope you get some babies soon. I have one blue chick now and 7 eggs are piped.

5. 6littlechicks

6littlechicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2012
    Morgantown, PA
    good luck!

6. Chick1043

Chick1043 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    Good luck! I'm hatching under a broody hen and hatch day is the 1st:)

7. CReagan

Oct 10, 2012
    Florida
    My Coop
    me too still no signs of anything just a movement here or there but that's about it... :(( at what point should i begin worrying?

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  8. CReagan

Oct 10, 2012
    Florida
    My Coop
    well walked into my room and heard a funny noise...i was like what is that squeeking sound...walked over to my incubator put my ears close and listened...yupp it was a little chickadee letting me know it's made it halfway..hope to see you soon little one... [​IMG]

9. ccmarie

ccmarie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2008
    Yuma, Arizona
    Congrats! This is my hatch day too. I heard peeping last night, then a baby showed up an hour ago. I have an assortment, so I get to guess and see what each are. This one's a Java. No news yet from the rest.

10. CReagan

Oct 10, 2012
    Florida
    My Coop
    Thank you! I wish you the best of luck with your little fellas.. this is my first time hatching ever.. i have little araucanas.. my husbands grandparents have chickens (all araucanas) and i decided to hatch some of my own so i gathered eggs from their chickens and put them in a bator... hopefully all goes well! :)) how long from when you hear peeping (internal pip) till you see any signs of external pip??

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by