Hatch day fears

I have eggs I am staggering by 2 days, but when my first batch of eggs are ready for more moisture, I have a second hatcher I will set up. The ones you have due in 9 days should not have much moisture on them till last 3 days or they won't hatch.

:'( :'( I'm ruining all of them aren't I? :'(

do not give up hope
My neighbors stagger eggs in their incubators all the time and get better hatch rates than I ever have. Just keep am eye on the other eggs to be sure their air cells stay in tact. If there is too much humidity during the general incubation, it could fill the other eggs' air cells up with water, and the chicks would drown while trying to pip. If there isn't enough while Alien is hatching, he could get shrink wrapped. But honestly, I think you will be ok with this hatch. :)

do not give up hope
My neighbors stagger eggs in their incubators all the time and get better hatch rates than I ever have. Just keep am eye on the other eggs to be sure their air cells stay in tact. If there is too much humidity during the general incubation, it could fill the other eggs' air cells up with water, and the chicks would drown while trying to pip. If there isn't enough while Alien is hatching, he could get shrink wrapped. But honestly, I think you will be ok with this hatch. :)

Thankyou. This is killing me. I'm not going to do it again, will leave it to the experts. Just can't handle the fact that every little decision or mistake I make can affect whether these things live or die. God help me if I ever become I mother!

Thankyou. This is killing me. I'm not going to do it again, will leave it to the experts. Just can't handle the fact that every little decision or mistake I make can affect whether these things live or die. God help me if I ever become I mother!

I thought the same thing during my first incubation and now I'm 1 week into incubation #4 LOL! It'll get easier! And much more fun! An it feels so much more rewarding to hatch your own instead of buying from a hatchery!

See any progress with Alien yet?

Back
Top Bottom