Hatch day!

It’s to light inside so I couldnt really see the rest of the egg to check for movement but it doesn’t look good! Is it normal for the other 2 not to have internally pipped by now? And I think they are magpie duck, I’m not sure if that’s the real name of breed though ha.

I think they are magpie duck, little black and white ones, I’m not to sure if that’s the correct breed name though
That is the name of a breed. well, this is just too bad but maybe you'll still get a couple to hatch. Are you sure about the day? Day 1 starts 24 hours after you put the eggs in the incubator.

That is the name of a breed. well, this is just too bad but maybe you'll still get a couple to hatch. Are you sure about the day? Day 1 starts 24 hours after you put the eggs in the incubator.
I hope so🤞🏻, yes I originally started by counting from the first day but they didn’t go in till the afternoon, but I since seen on here not to count that day so I just counted back a day

Most likely, yes.
Just candled them all in the dark and i think they are all dead apart from 1, I seen movement in that 1. No internal pipping though doesn’t this mean that one of probably going to die as well or it just isn’t ready? Is there anything I can do to save this last one, it I’m worried it stuck or not the right way up And that’s why nothing’s happening?

One thing you can do to double check is to fill a bowl or glass with warm water and gently set one egg in and see if it wiggles. This is called the float test. It allows you to determine if there is minor motion within the eggs themselves. It helps determine viability and gives you a good indication where things are in the egg.

If you don't see motion, then might as well give it some time to be safe.
https://avianaquamiser.com/posts/float_test_of_egg_viability/

This is a very quick and easy method of answering the question of viability.

Back
Top Bottom