1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hatch Done, What a DISASTER... 2 ducklings, all others lost or culled.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by PineBurrowPeeps, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Okay, it's getting close now and I'm getting nervous. Should I open one or both or none of the vent plugs in the top of the bator at this point?
    My temp is 100 and my hum is currently 79% and climbing. I have wet sponges in there as well as the three bottom wells filled....

*bites nails* Three more days till they're due!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  2. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Yay! i can't wait to see them! [​IMG]

from what your saying everything is fine i didn't open any vent plugs on my bator when i hatched your egg... and she hatched on day 27 so you might get some early babies!

do you see them wiggling? the eggs that is the egg i had of yours was wiggling and rolling for 2 days straight..lol

Sending you AWESOME hatching vibes [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

i am sure everything will be fin [​IMG]

3. Nope, I've been peering in the window looking for wiggling all day. My husband thinks I'm nuts, he clearly didn't believe me when I said the eggs would move! LOL

Will they make noise too? I've heard that chicken eggs peep...

4. HOLY COW MARK!!!!!!! I just decided to get up and take a little peek right after you asked me about the wiggling and sure enough one of them IS! It's like a light rocking from side to side....

[​IMG]

omg omg omg omg omg.... I'm going to be an egg mommy! LOL I cannot believe I actually kept the things alive this long. Now they need to just hatch and be fine
    [​IMG]

5. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    yeah! duckies! [​IMG]

6. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    YAY!!!! ROCKING!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

i am soooooooooooooooooooooo happy for you! [​IMG]

hang in there ..they will be out before ya know it [​IMG]

7. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

I only open the plug after a duckling has hatched.

What breed are they?

8. Well hopefully at least a few are pure Khaki Campbells... But they came from a mixed group of KC, one Pekin, and two Runners.... Only one drake, a KC.

9. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

They are gonna be cute [​IMG]

10. Hi! I keep both plugs out during all stages of incubation (if you mean the red plugs that could be used to close the 2 bigger holes in the top).
    Good luck with your ducklings!
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by