Hatch Problem—advice please?

Thank you. They are out and eating and drinking. Look healthy. I’m afraid I’m going to lose the one with the huge hole in the shell. I’m not sure if I should try to help or let nature take its course. It seems very weak.
What day is today? Day 23?

I don't like helping but do sometimes.
You should probably make a decision quickly... Either help it or let it die.
it may still die if you help it but at least you're giving it a chance right?
I removed the top of the shell (air sac portion), but left the rest because I’m afraid of disturbing the (umbilicus?). That’s the best I can do and I’m at peace with it now. Thanks for your advice.

Read this awesome article by @Pyxis

Guide to Assisted Hatching for All Poultry

Did this one make that all of that hole? If it did, I suspect it's stuck and needs assistance. Follow the instruction in the article.
A62A5484-43A4-4AFF-B6B6-4218E73E0DEF.jpeg

This one probably needs another 12-24 hours.

Read this awesome article by @Pyxis

Guide to Assisted Hatching for All Poultry

Did this one make that all of that hole? If it did, I suspect it's stuck and needs assistance. Follow the instruction in the article.

This one probably needs another 12-24 hours.
The first one did make the hole. It didn’t zip like the others. I opened the top all the way and left it sitting in the bottom because I didn’t want to disturb it any more. I’m not sure it’s going to make it, it’s very weak and not moving much. The second one is progressing and I can now see a zip line, so I think it’s going to hatch (fingers crossed).

The first one did make the hole. It didn’t zip like the others. I opened the top all the way and left it sitting in the bottom because I didn’t want to disturb it any more. I’m not sure it’s going to make it, it’s very weak and not moving much. The second one is progressing and I can now see a zip line, so I think it’s going to hatch (fingers crossed).
Can you post another picture of the one that made the big hole?

Can you post another picture of the one that made the big hole?
It’s hard to see much, but here it is.
Good news! The second one zipped and hatched. I assisted the other one, but it’s very weak and I don’t think it’s going to make it. I’m leaving it alone. It responds to the new hatchling and moves a bit now and then.

Attachments

• 1BDBB92E-990A-4EC1-952E-19B92AE215D7.jpeg
    1BDBB92E-990A-4EC1-952E-19B92AE215D7.jpeg
    328.9 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom