*Hatch Update*Mrs.AK-Bird-Brain-RE:50+Jumbo Brown/Golden coturnix eggs

Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

Congratulations! I just saw this!!
ya.gif
And it looks like I mixed a Texas A&M in there, too! Is the one in the second to last photo on the thermometer pure yellow with a black dot?
smile.png
Woo hoo! Look out! 6 more weeks and you'll have more eggs to incubate!
hugs.gif

Thanks and thanks again for sending them to me
hugs.gif
! All I can say is that I'm in love with these little critters. Yes there is one solid yellow. I can't see a black dot any place on it yet. It is very curious and really all over the brooder. Their really friendly, they like to climb into our hands. As they grow older will that change? Have you heard back from the others that received eggs and how their hatchs went?
fl.gif

They stay pretty friendly, especially if you handle them a lot.
smile.png

I haven't heard back yet on other hatches... I hope they're at least as good as yours!
fl.gif

Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

They stay pretty friendly, especially if you handle them a lot.
smile.png

I haven't heard back yet on other hatches... I hope they're at least as good as yours!
fl.gif

Great! They are so precious. Sure hope the others had nice hatches too!​

Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

I heard from Promisedlandfarms... she had a good hatch too!
smile.png

woot.gif
That's awesome !​

Tori and all....We're hatching out today in west GA!!!!! 3 are out so far ....2 dark and 1 blonde....so tiny....I'm going to wear out the battery looking at them.... I still cannot get it out of my head that these are Alaskan quail, my first ever mail from Alaska....WOOWEE SOWEE!!!!HEHEHE!

We'll post a pic when more come out...

Thanks!

What is the difference of the blondes with stripes and the others?

I'm hatching also and so far 6 have hatched and more pipping. So exciting.

How long can they stay in the brooder before they need to come out?

thanks.

There are browns, and the Goldens are gold with stripes... if you get pure yellows with a black spot here or there, it's a Texas A&M that got mixed in by accident... my boys help collect eggs sometimes, and they get mixed up... they all look the same! LOL!

I usually try to remove them all by 24 hours. The majority of them will hatch within a few hours, so once the activity slows down and they're all cute and fluffy, then I will quickly remove them to a brooder box. Mine is just a clear rubbermaid tote, with a 60w bulb hung down low. I put them on the rubber shelf liner or paper towels for the first week or until I can't keep up with the poopies anymore, then I move them to a wire cage with a 40w bulb.
smile.png

clap.gif
I am so happy to be able to share these babies with people. I love my coturnix!!

Back
Top Bottom