Hatch with me! Placed in bator on 5-13-2010. First hatch!

Quote:
Your hubbies right! Better to be safe than sorry
thumbsup.gif
Also gives you peace of mind not wondering if you did the right thing. I'm pretty sure I have some quitters still in the incubator after candling last night, but I feel better waiting and being absolutely sure before I toss them. How many eggs did you start with and how many are left at this point? I have been waiting for my Black Wyandotte rooster to mature and start breeding my Blue Wyandotte hens and he finally is doing his duty, so I am adding some of my eggs to the eggs already set in my incubator
celebrate.gif
I have all my eggs marked with an "A" on the first eggs I put in, a "B" on the eggs I put in this morning and a "Smiley Face" on my eggs! Oh, and I don't have pictures of LLW's because I just bred for and got a Blue Silver Laced rooster who is almost old enough to breed back to my BW hens and then to lighten the blue to Lavender, I will probably use White Wyandottes. If you want to see a great picture of a LLW pullet, go to Feathersite.com and look under the chicken catagory, then under W for Wyandottes and look for the LLW pullet and you will
droolin.gif
when you see her!!!!!

Yeah I figure well its not going to kill me to leave them in there a few more days right?
idunno.gif

droolin.gif
I just love LLW such a pretty bird!

I started out with 33 total, I had 8 black copper marans, 8 Columbian Wyandottes, 7 Barnevelders and 10 Lemon Blue Cochins.

Now I'm down to 8 Black copper Marans, 6 Columbian Wyandottes, 6 Barnevelder and still 10 Lemon Blue Cochins. But I think a few of the LBC are quiters but not suuuure yet.

So guess I'll know by next candling
pop.gif

I hope I at least get a few LBs out of those though, they are just fab! And to top it off the egg color is like carmel in person. Like a Werthers caramel hard candy to be exact.

Quote:
fl.gif
Wishing you good luck! Are these shipped eggs or your own?
Anxious to hear how your candling went
caf.gif
I'm going to do the same tonight too!

The eggs came from my neighbor across the street. Hers lay way more eggs than she can use up so she brings them to me. She has 5 hens and 2 roosters so they should be pretty fertile. Candled this afternoon and found 5 clears. The rest had nice veining and look to be progressing. She has a variety of chickens and it will be interesting to see what hatches.

One of the clears was VERY watery looking. The air space even looked liquid. What causes this?

Sounds like the egg was old~ just like when you crack an egg to eat and the white isn't firm and the yoke breaks easily and you say to yourself, boy this egg must be old! What fun to have such a variety of chicken breeds cooking in your bator! It will be fun to see your pictures when they hatch
jumpy.gif

I'll Join.

I just set my fist batch of mixed eggs this past Sunday. I have two different type of quail eggs and 6 cochin eggs. One of my kids added another cochin egg this evening. I told her to put it in the basket and I gues she thought the bator was the basket.
smile.png

Here is the scarry part. We got all these eggs and not enough incubator to put them in so I am double stacking. I have over 100 quail eggs and I am using a standard egg turner. I candled this morning and I have fertile growing little babies. Look for my earlier post and check out my little buds:weee

I can't wait. I have eggs due on day 16, day 17-18 and day21*22.

Hope to have an 2nd incubator by day 14 to move the eggs to for lock down.

Good Luck Everyone

teresa

Quote:
Your hubbies right! Better to be safe than sorry
thumbsup.gif
Also gives you peace of mind not wondering if you did the right thing. I'm pretty sure I have some quitters still in the incubator after candling last night, but I feel better waiting and being absolutely sure before I toss them. How many eggs did you start with and how many are left at this point? I have been waiting for my Black Wyandotte rooster to mature and start breeding my Blue Wyandotte hens and he finally is doing his duty, so I am adding some of my eggs to the eggs already set in my incubator
celebrate.gif
I have all my eggs marked with an "A" on the first eggs I put in, a "B" on the eggs I put in this morning and a "Smiley Face" on my eggs! Oh, and I don't have pictures of LLW's because I just bred for and got a Blue Silver Laced rooster who is almost old enough to breed back to my BW hens and then to lighten the blue to Lavender, I will probably use White Wyandottes. If you want to see a great picture of a LLW pullet, go to Feathersite.com and look under the chicken catagory, then under W for Wyandottes and look for the LLW pullet and you will
droolin.gif
when you see her!!!!!

Yeah I figure well its not going to kill me to leave them in there a few more days right?
idunno.gif

droolin.gif
I just love LLW such a pretty bird!

I started out with 33 total, I had 8 black copper marans, 8 Columbian Wyandottes, 7 Barnevelders and 10 Lemon Blue Cochins.

Now I'm down to 8 Black copper Marans, 6 Columbian Wyandottes, 6 Barnevelder and still 10 Lemon Blue Cochins. But I think a few of the LBC are quiters but not suuuure yet.

So guess I'll know by next candling
pop.gif

WOW! your doing great so far!!!!
clap.gif
Who did you get your Lemon Blues from? Are they LF or banty? The eggs sound beautiful!! And yummy . . .hehehe! I got my first BLRW eggs (chicks are almost 8 weeks now) from Heather's Feathers in So. Ca and she has really good LF lemon blues. I was thinking about getting some from her.

I hope I at least get a few LBs out of those though, they are just fab! And to top it off the egg color is like carmel in person. Like a Werthers caramel hard candy to be exact.

I got my LBC from wwmicasa1 Great eggs, well packaged cant say enough about them. Nice size for cochins too, loooovly color. They are out of her Lemon boy, you can see him on her auction for 12 on the hatching egg aution page. They are LF.

Quote:
I just looked at the auction for wwmicasa1's LBC eggs and her birds are BEAUTIFUL!
droolin.gif
Lucky you! Darn it, I am short on coop space otherwise I'd be bidding on those eggs right now! And in California too!
he.gif
I'm just going to have to beg my hubby to build me a bigger chicken house and runs!!!!

Quote:
I just looked at the auction for wwmicasa1's LBC eggs and her birds are BEAUTIFUL!
droolin.gif
Lucky you! Darn it, I am short on coop space otherwise I'd be bidding on those eggs right now! And in California too!
he.gif
I'm just going to have to beg my hubby to build me a bigger chicken house and runs!!!!

Luck!
cool.png

I'm building my own, I'll have to post my progress in another thread
tongue.png
We just bought a house and close on the 1st of June
celebrate.gif
can't wait, it is our very first house. We are going to try to semi-urban farm life style! I'll get to bring my horses home and everything!!!!

Quote:
droolin.gif
he.gif

Luck!
cool.png

tongue.png
celebrate.gif
can't wait, it is our very first house. We are going to try to semi-urban farm life style! I'll get to bring my horses home and everything!!!!

Congrats!!! I am only building one breeding pen which is the silkies, then once we finally move to Maine I will hopefully have 4-6 breeding pens.
smile.png

Maybe more?
cool.png

Quote:
droolin.gif
he.gif

Luck!
cool.png

tongue.png
celebrate.gif

I'll be watching for that building thread!
ep.gif
How exciting for you to be getting your first house! Congradulations!
woot.gif

Back
Top Bottom