Hatchaholics Unite!

The homemade gator strikes again.. Bator.
1f604.png
everytime lol 4 total
Cuteness.
love.gif
Congratulations.

How exciting! I am sure they will be beautiful.
My Lemon Cuckoo Orpington and Buff Laced Polish Eggs just arrived. They will go under my Silkie this evening. I hope she can hatch them. She's only 6 months old, but is already broody.

How exciting! I am sure they will be beautiful.
My Lemon Cuckoo Orpington and Buff Laced Polish Eggs just arrived. They will go under my Silkie this evening. I hope she can hatch them. She's only 6 months old, but is already broody.

Today is day 20. So far nothing... This part is always SO STRESSFUL!!! I keep telling myself to be patient. Yet keep staring and staring hoping to see something!

Today is day 20. So far nothing... This part is always SO STRESSFUL!!! I keep telling myself to be patient. Yet keep staring and staring hoping to see something!

I didn't know that we set eggs on the same day. I heard peeps this morning, but I'm stuck at work for 12 hrs so I just have to hope that all goes well.

I didn't know that we set eggs on the same day. I heard peeps this morning, but I'm stuck at work for 12 hrs so I just have to hope that all goes well.

My first D'Uccle baby-Porcelain color!!! Pipped through a storm, power outage (I ran out and bought a generator!) and hatched early this morning. 4 more eggs have pips. Hoping for more to start. Today is day 21.

Keeping fingers crossed for your eggs!

Yay! My broody Silkie is covering those four shipped eggs with all her fluffy might. She's clearly rolled them to a place she likes better, so she is invested.

This seems to be so much easier than the incubator... no temp/humidity to check, no power cords to check, no obsessive/excessive candling... is it really this simple? What do I need to look out for with a broody hatching the eggs?

Sad and disappointing hatch. Started with 18. 7 were clear at first candling. 11 to lockdown. First 3 chicks hatched well. Last 3 not so much. One died on day 2. The last 2 chicks have deformities.
1f622.png

Back
Top Bottom