Hatchalong and Ebay no-name Incubator review

Dec 28, 2020
Hello friends.

I thought I would post a review of a no-name incubator I am testing out from ebay. We loaded it full (23 eggs) a week ago with barnyard mixes to give away to some friends. It really probably only holds 20 chicken eggs at a time but I squeezed in a couple banty eggs too.

5C925EBE-DE84-4BB9-B163-AB1A63D0A9E1.jpeg

As you can see there is no brand, but it says Egg Incubator Type: NLF1-24 It was only $59 on ebay. It has bar style turners which work fine so far. It had temp control in celcius and a humidity monitor. It is a forced air unit. The main unit is plastic that sets inside a styrofoam outside case. The shiny tape was added by me to keep from boogering up the edges of the styrofoam taking the lid on and off. I recommend this. It also has a built in candling lamp.

9D1657FE-7952-49FD-8B48-771A178FF623.jpeg

BF80F171-86CC-4A97-BA98-A06490D1924C.jpeg

So far so good. Follow along for the next two weeks to see how it goes.

Last edited:
Oh I forgot to mention one of the main reasons I bought it to try. It is dual power and can run on 12 volt DC. After the rolling power outages I thought it would be nice to have a temporary power option.
I'm also trying out a cheap eBay and Amazon incubator. One comes in like 4 or 5 days and the other I'm using right now. Definitely going to get a better one though. I'm thinking of a Farm Innovators or a NR360.

Hello friends.

I thought I would post a review of a no-name incubator I am testing out from ebay. We loaded it full (23 eggs) a week ago with barnyard mixes to give away to some friends. It really probably only holds 20 chicken eggs at a time but I squeezed in a couple banty eggs too.

View attachment 2553432

As you can see there is no brand, but it says Egg Incubator Type: NLF1-24 It was only $59 on ebay. It has bar style turners which work fine so far. It had temp control in celcius and a humidity monitor. It is a forced air unit. The main unit is plastic that sets inside a styrofoam outside case. The shiny tape was added by me to keep from boogering up the edges of the styrofoam taking the lid on and off. I recommend this. It also has a built in candling lamp.

View attachment 2553455

View attachment 2553457

So far so good. Follow along for the next two weeks to see how it goes.
What is that spotted egg from? 4th one going right in the 5th row going down.

I just bought a slightly different style bar type turner, I'll be setting eggs around Wednesday. Thanks for the tip on protecting the styrofoam edge! Fingers crossed!

I hope you have an excellent hatch! How many eggs are you setting?

Back
Top Bottom