HATCHED CHICK CANT STAND HELP!

Pics
I am so sorry for your loss angel. *hennie hugs* Poor little one. One thing you may want to do, if you are going to raise chicks in the future, is to have a good avian vet on standby so you can take babies to them if you need to intervene. This poor baby had some pretty severe leg deformities and treatment would have had to be very aggressive...surgery to reposition joints and splints and slow healing, and they are so fragile at hatch anyway...I imagine vets would have advised you put her down. If you can't bring yourself to do it, they can always give them euthasol at the vet. You are very brave, it is so hard to take a life, not everyone has the fortitude to do that even when it is clearly the right thing. I am sending lots of love and hugs and I hope you can save at least one baby! Do you have any more still trying to hatch?

I am so sorry for your loss angel. *hennie hugs* Poor little one. One thing you may want to do, if you are going to raise chicks in the future, is to have a good avian vet on standby so you can take babies to them if you need to intervene. This poor baby had some pretty severe leg deformities and treatment would have had to be very aggressive...surgery to reposition joints and splints and slow healing, and they are so fragile at hatch anyway...I imagine vets would have advised you put her down. If you can't bring yourself to do it, they can always give them euthasol at the vet. You are very brave, it is so hard to take a life, not everyone has the fortitude to do that even when it is clearly the right thing. I am sending lots of love and hugs and I hope you can save at least one baby! Do you have any more still trying to hatch?
thank you it was very hard to do I cried while doing it and wrapped it up and buried it outside instead of throwing it away

the baby chick that I helped out of the shell its doing good but to where it was in the shell and got dry think some of it feather are dry idk if they will fluff up>? maybe will ? but some of its fluffing up.

the other one to where it got dry I reckon it couldn't or got weak and couldn't finish hatching and if new that I would of got it out and helped it out , :( but it died

Back
Top Bottom