hatched chicks moving other eggs around

organiceggs

Egg Carton Labels
9 Years
Apr 15, 2010
N.Y.
I have 2 very active chicks that just hatched and now they are moving the other eggs around in the incubator. Should I take the chicks out and place them in the brooder when they are dry? I don't want the other eggs not to hatch because they can't position themselves, but at the same time I don't want to open the incubator and risk the eggs not hatching.

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
I know I normally do too but they will be ok it's more nerve wrecking I think & some times thems being knocked around will stimulate the others to hatch. whatever she does she needs to not open the bator....

Quote:
I didn't mean open it up and do it with these eggs....just an idea for future incubations. I hatched for a long time with the eggs just laying on their sides, but never liked how the eggs got rolled around. I switched to egg cartons a couple of years ago and won't ever go back to doing it without.

Thanks for your replies. I will definitely keep it closed. I see another pip, so I guess they're all doing ok. I'm going to try the egg-carton method next time.
smile.png

No. The cartons are cut down, with the sides of the "cups" shorter, and the bottoms of the cups cut out. Makes it almost like a collection of rings, if that makes sense.

And yes, pointy end down.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom