Hatcheries that vaccinate for coccidiosis

Every hatchery does, to my knowledge, offer vaccinated chicks. It's really late in the year for chicks, most people pre-order the previous winter or early spring. Try Mt.Healthy, they are a smaller, less known hatchery so they don't sell out as fast.

Ideal hatches year-round, but their breed selection is more limited during the off-season.

3 still pushes it for me. I am only getting probably 5 in total. Also I am hatching 3 chicks at that time to so I will have My hands full with them when they grow up
I have 14 chicks in one brooder, 7 chicks + 4 turkeys in the other brooder, soon will be hatching 5 for friends, & receiving 11 from Meyer's in July.

I also have a little over 50 adult Chickens, 3 Guineas, 6 Silkie Juvenile chicks, 1 Bourbon Red Turkey hen, & 5 Broad Breasted Juvenile poults.

Your amount is pretty easy compared to what we own. Though we aren't struggling.

We do live out in the country, how about you?

I have 14 chicks in one brooder, 7 chicks + 4 turkeys in the other brooder, soon will be hatching 5 for friends, & receiving 11 from Meyer's in July.

I also have a little over 50 adult Chickens, 3 Guineas, 6 Silkie Juvenile chicks, 1 Bourbon Red Turkey hen, & 5 Broad Breasted Juvenile poults.

Your amount is pretty easy compared to what we own. Though we aren't struggling.

We do live out in the country, how about you?
In country on 2.5 acres but my coop only holds around 18-19 adults so what I meant was pushing the limits of capacity not what I can take care of. I already own 12 chickens so I don't want to buy chicks that I have to overcrowd in a coop before I can sell extras. Also I can't free range so they all are in a run. I don't struggle to care for them I just want them to have spacious living arrangements.

If you're only getting five, I think the only place you can buy from is MPC. Even Murray McMurray has a 6 minimum
Meyer's has a minimum of 3 so does Mt. Healthy. I could get six one more won't hurt just was saying that if a got the minimum on cackle of every breed I want I would end up with like 15

Back
Top Bottom