Hatcheries with welsh harlequins?

Everose

ɪ ᴀᴍ ᴄʀᴇᴀᴛɪᴏɴ, ʙᴏᴛʜ ʜᴀᴜɴᴛᴇᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴏʟʏ.
Premium Feather Member
Jan 16, 2021
The Great Country of Texas
Hello! New to BYC, I desperately want more welshies but don't know where to get any. I already have four from a local breeder but I'm pretty sure her stock is from metzer. I DO NOT want to order from cackle, metzer, myer, or murray mcmurray. My reasons being that their info pages state that welsh harlequins lay 100-150 eggs per year but I want mine to do much better, also a lot of their stock has yellow billed girls (I already have one😒). Anyone know of breeders in texas or good hatcheries to order from?

I really want to diversify my gene pool and getting a new drake from good lines is very important to me. I would love to shop/adopt locally but welsh harlequins are rare. I understand that ducklings get stressed so I would be even more excited to get hatching eggs. I am really having a hard time finding them though:(
Please, don’t ship ducklings!! It’s extremely cruel and can kill them and severely stresses them out

Depending on where you ate in the vast expanse that is Texas, you might he able to drive to Ideal, as @JacinLarkwell mentioned. That way you get the breed you want without stressing out the duckies (or offending anyone).

You might just google hatcheries in Texas and see what pops up.

Updated: Ideal does NOT have Welsh... You might also try your state thread to see if anyone mentions waterfowl hatcheries.

Depending on where you ate in the vast expanse that is Texas, you might he able to drive to Ideal, as @JacinLarkwell mentioned. That way you get the breed you want without stressing out the duckies (or offending anyone).

You might just google hatcheries in Texas and see what pops up.

Updated: Ideal does NOT have Welsh... You might also try your state thread to see if anyone mentions waterfowl hatcheries.
Thank you! I will, and driving around texas or even louisiana is no big deal we travel a lot for lots of other farm animals and could make an extra stop for ducks😊

Thank you! I will, and driving around texas or even louisiana is no big deal we travel a lot for lots of other farm animals and could make an extra stop for ducks😊
I prefer to pick up my birds, but this year, because of the pandemic, I am finding it very hard to find anywhere that will allow the pick up of birds/eggs. Very frustrating! I ordered chicks, but they are from my state, so I'm hoping it will be a better and shorter time in transit. I hope......

Back
Top Bottom