Hatcheries

Chickfever

Songster
12 Years
Jul 22, 2007
Southwest VA
Anyone know of any reputable hatcheries that are still selling and shipping day old chicks? I found one with some GREAT prices but they stopped shipping earlier this month. I am looking for some buff orpingtons and EE mostly.

I checked and Ideal Poultry has both EE'S and Orps. They only have a $20 minimum order, rather then a minimum chick amount. They cal their EE's Ameraucanas, but I have 2 of them and they are definitely EE's.

Ideal Poultry

Last edited by a moderator:
How about Welp Hatchery? The shipping is included in the price you see listed for chicks. I think they ship year round, but may not have everything available.
Or I've heard good things about Meyer Hatchery.

Does anybody know what hatcheries are the closest to Alabama? I just moved to the NW corner of Alabama and I want to order some chicks next month after we get a house and build a coop.
Thanks in advance...

Jayare

Meyer has both available for begining of Oct. Wait name change so type wanted may not be the same, thhis is thier site, enter type and quantity and it will tell if your choice is availabe for the date you want, if not will ask you to change quantity or ship date. I got mine from there and they all arrived healthy(in FEB)

http://www.meyerhatchery.com/page_210.htm

I also bought from meyer. It was my first experience with a hatchery and they are great. The chicks are beautiful and very healthy. Mine are now 15 weeks old and i definetly will be ordering from them next year.

I ended up going with Welp Hatchery, mainly because the chicks we wanted were to hatch out on the same day.. :O)
We have never ordered chicks before so this should be fun!! but from what I have seen on this forum there seems to be alot of great hatcheries out there..
Denna

Chickfever, where are you located. I ship day olds and have BO and EEs. How many are you interested in? You can click on my web site under my user name on the left to look around.

Jody

Back
Top Bottom