Hatcheries

DuckLover3

Chirping
7 Years
Feb 16, 2012
Marlborough, CT
I have a friend who would like some ducks (Cayugas, Mallards, and Rouens), what hatchery would be the best for those three birds? I was thinking Metzer, but is there a better one?

Thanks!

Metzer it specialized in waterfowl so that would probably be a good one

I have had pretty good luck with Efoul.com though I much prefer buying them in person than the mail, but there have been times I do use Efoul.com as I cant get what I am wanting any where local .

I have had pretty good luck with Efoul.com  though I much prefer buying them in person than the mail, but there have been times I do use Efoul.com as I cant get what I am wanting any where local .

I heard a bad review on them just the other day here.(the day after my husband talked about ordering from them.) I took that as a warning sign. Have the birds you've gotten from them good quality? I want quality. I already have quantity. I hate ordering from hatcheries. I recieved some 1 time that had a vitamin d deficiency. Known as gout. That is caused by the mother being kept indoors without sunshine then passing it on. The babies held themselves up by there wings.1 died of 4. Two have a lump on there back in the leg joint.1 is fine. They are a year old. The hatchery hasn't made it good. I bought these for breeding stock. A complete waist. I'm searching for a good hatchery now.

Efowl is a middle man, they don't hatch anything. You're betting off going with an actual hatchery like Metzer's, specially since the order from Efowl will likely go through them anyways.

Back
Top Bottom