Hatchers Anonymous *Official Thread*

Welllll... I watch 'em and I feed 'em and I give them treats, and I talk to them, and I take care of their boo-boos, and I name most of them, and I gather eggs and sell 'em, and I put together yet another "grow-out" coop now and again...

Oh, and I have recently foisted five, yes, count them: 5 pullets off onto BYCer friends! I even let them choose which five!
*smug expression*

Quote:
I had read that too but I have also read some people hatch them with no problems. I am pretty sure that Chookschicks hatches them all the time. I think as long as they are not too little you can go for it. Just have to be big enough for the chick to develop. I've been thinking about trying to incubate one of my SLW's eggs. She lays about the same size small egg every time too. If you set some of yours, let us know how it goes.

Quote:
Linda, you crack me up. My response to "what do you need more chickens for??" is "To love them...
love.gif

Quote:
I had read that too but I have also read some people hatch them with no problems. I am pretty sure that Chookschicks hatches them all the time. I think as long as they are not too little you can go for it. Just have to be big enough for the chick to develop. I've been thinking about trying to incubate one of my SLW's eggs. She lays about the same size small egg every time too. If you set some of yours, let us know how it goes.

If the size is the only issue, we're golden. These things have been big enough that I have trouble closing a carton lid on them. Perfect, HUGE, brown eggs...she's a big girl, though, so the egg size seems proportioned to her. I'll definitely keep y'all posted!

Quote:
Totally misunderstood why you were worried about pullet eggs.
gig.gif
Yup it is because of size. If hers are that big, you have no problems!
thumbsup.gif

Sorry...I think I misunderstood the posts I've read. I thought it was based upon age, as though the "pullet" wasn't mature enough to produce a healthy chick.
hide.gif
Ooops!

Back
Top Bottom