hatchers hatcherers..... who's expecting peeps on septembre 24th or so... :)

Congratulations!!!!
Well for me today I candeled the eggs and the mommas own egg is trying to pip internally already!!!!! I don't know if I wake up tomorrow to see a chick... the others are not doimg that much action and I even doubt about one of them... maybe it's already dead at the last development stage.... but hopefully and surely tomorrow we'll see some pips....

I hope they ok majd. I have 4 in the nursery and a few more pipped looks like 2 silkies one Sussex and a Belgium. Moving pens at the moment.

getting the brooder box squared away, working out the kinks on how high to put the light to kep a nice 95% in one part of the box and fixing it to keep the neighbors cats out

Now I'm gonna go down and check.... it's morning here.... Here's a pic from before yesterday.....

She is such a sweetie majd she has the prettiest feathers colour cant wait see her chicks.hi Americanmom I use an old clothes cupboard laying down on its back it still its doors i have a commercial brooder thing it old the label says it does 150chicks but I would never put that many in it tho. One of my chicks hatched with a piece of polystyrene foam stuck to it I m thinking one of the hens got to the packaging from our new a/c.

Some has pipped internally and others are trying to.... can't wait until tomorrow morning.....

Tomorrow (Monday) at 3pm marks the start of lockdown, as I am going to be here by myself at that time my daughter and I decided to do the final check this eve, 3 of the 23 eggs that have made it this far are questionable with the remaining 20 showing postive signs of movement, felt confident about tomorrow, just came in to check the temp and humidity (doesnt everyone do that like every 5 seconds lol) and thought I saw one of the eggs move, called my daughter in and we grabbed the flashlight, six of the eggs are slightly rocking with one or two making a tapping noise!! Yeah!!!! I expect lockdown to go as planned unless I am told otherwise, but feel pretty good so far about this first time hatch!
clap.gif

Trying not to count my chickens before they hatch but this is way cool!

Back
Top Bottom