hatchery ancona ducklings ?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by melodylee, Jan 29, 2011.

1. melodylee

melodylee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2009
    Arkansas
    I'd like to have some ancona ducklings...I have to hens with the black spots, but I'd like some in other colors does anyone know of a hatchery that has them?
    I have seen eggs on here but I'd prefer ducklings... [​IMG]

2. toadbriar

toadbriar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2010
    central massacheezits
    Boondockers Farm has bought Holderread's Ancona flock. Cackle Hatchery and I believe Sand Hill Preservation have them as well.

They are wonderful duckies !

3. melodylee

Apr 14, 2009
    Arkansas
    Thanks! I am already ordering chicks from cackle, the anconas come in more than one color from cackle? It kinda looks that way from the picture but I didn't see it om the page like the other to hatcheries stated. Has anyone ever ordered ducklings from cackle?

4. Widget

Widget Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2008
    Limington, Maine
    My Anconas are from Cackle. Ordered them last year and all are still thriving. [​IMG] Two males and four females. They are black and white. Don't know if that is all they have but that is what I got. One also has a small crest.

5. toadbriar

toadbriar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2010
    central massacheezits
    Some of mine came from Cackle, they came chocolate as well as b&w.

6. aduckstolemyheart

aduckstolemyheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Missouri
    My black Swede and Pekin hen were feed store ducklings, but came from Cackle hatchery.

My pekin is beautiful and in great health. Now my drake, he's not the best example of a Swede, but he is very healthy and very sweet. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  7. melodylee

Apr 14, 2009
    Arkansas
    alright thanks, I've heard good things about cackle and they are only 3 hrs away and also had the breeds of chickens I wanted so when I order my ducks I'll get them from cackle to.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by