Hatchery BCM- is NOT a BCM..?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by kittykorat, Jul 11, 2010.

1. kittykorat

kittykorat Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2009
    Central MA
    This is supposed to be a BCM from Meyer... it isn't. It has white earlobes and a funny crest like a spitz or polish snuck in the maran pen...?... What is it....? I think I might name it mystery. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. LindsayB

LindsayB Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    Cypress, Texas
    I think someone snuck in the pen lol. Its a neat looking chicken though!

3. CalebtheChicken

CalebtheChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2010
    Jeremiah, Ky.
    Mabye it's BCM with several mutations going on at once! [​IMG]

4. HBuehler

HBuehler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Lebanon TN
    I was going to say I didn't know they had BCM's but I see they don't [​IMG] It would make you a good conversation piece though..What's that chicken? If you have the space I would keep him because it's different enough to keep.

5. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Looks liek a BCM over a silkie of some kind. I have had several that color, head piece and all.

6. CityChicker

CityChicker Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Good Lord. I just don't get these hatcheries anymore. I mean seriously. Seriously. Chickens are not that expensive. They could get a nice group of BCM for a couple hundred bucks and have a sizable flock within a year. Granted, they wouldn't be of the quality of lot of people here are looking for, but they would at least resemble BCM.

7. kickinchicken

kickinchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Rhode Island
    He looks like Vinnie Babarino, Mr. Carter!

8. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Nope not a BCM LOL!

They do have listed Spitzhaubens but I am guessing crossing with Spitz over a golden laced something.

Better get your money back on that bird LOL!

9. mountaintopchicken

mountaintopchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2007
    Oh. My. Words fail.

You HAVE to e-mail the hatchery that pic and see what they have to say about it. Then post their reply here (please!).

That kind of cluck demands an explanation.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. cracked_egg

cracked_egg Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2010
    Meyer was very good with me when I called about SLW having a single comb... Now I have a bunch of domniques and SLW that have single combs and I need to call them about them... (But they give me a credit and I run down and use the credit PLUS some, so that chicken math keeps adding up)... Anyway, yes, you'd think they would breed their own, but I didn't see a chicken on the place (over adult that is...) So maybe they should crack down on their breeder/supplier?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by