2. Shipped 4/20
3. Received 4/21
4. Around 45 degrees
5. Bought 30 chicks, hatchery gave us 2 extras
6. 0 dead on arrival
7. 1 chick dead after 2 days, a runt
8. Only lost 1 chick

Customer Review:

I would definitely order from MM again, I got to pick the delivery date that I wanted and I didn't have to deal with delays. All my birds are still healthy and growing like weeds 4.5 weeks later!

FYI

Week of May 5th recieved 40 chicks from Murray McMurray, 2 extra, one rare breed all alive. Recieved from Welp 120, one extra for each 25 broilers, one extra for each breed, one crippled one dead. Recieved from Ideal Poultry, 75 chicks, no extras, two dead.

Within one week six more chicks from Ideal died. All of the chicks from Murray McMurray survied and thrived. All of the chicks from Welp, that survived the trip, are alive and thriving. Needless to say I am terribly disappointed with Ideal Poultry and will never order from them again. I did call them and they offered to credit me for the dead chicks, but as my grandfather once told me, "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me."

J.W. Doherty
Davison Michigan

1. Ideal Poultry
2. Shipped: April 16, 2008
3. Received: April 17, 2008
4. ?Dont remember?
5. 21 chicks (7 buff orps, 4 white giants, 10 silkies)
6. None!
7. None!
8. None!

My chicks are almost five weeks old. We had one little lavender silkie runt, but she is doing great! All my questions were answered, and they had great customer service! I will surely order from them again next year!
smile.png

1. Ideal Poultry
2. Shipped: March 19
3. Received: March 20
4. Temperature: Maybe 50's daytime, 30's nightime. I can't really remember, only that it was cold at night here.
5. 10 chicks, no packing peanuts per my request
6. 0
7. 0
8. 0

Customer Review:

I ordered from Ideal because it is in the south. I was impatient and wanted chicks early, and figured it would be safer to order from a southern hatchery as the weather would be warmer. Also, the prices were very good. They arrived quickly, have been very healthy, and are beautiful birds. I'm very pleased with them. I would definitely order from Ideal again.

1. Name of hatchery.......Welp
2. Shipping Date.........May 19
3. Date arrived........May 21
4. Average temperature around arrival........60 degrees
5. Number of chickens, ducks, geese, etc bought............ordered 25 chicks, received 35, xtras were Cochins which was an xtra 10 for me.
6. Number dead at arrival............none
7. Number dead within 2 days...........none
8. Number dead within a week........none!

9. Your customer review.......Very good results. Happy, healthy large chicks. Only one developed pasty butt. For being a first time chick owner, I really like their stock.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

1. Name of hatchery...........Meyer
2. Shipping Date..........May 19
3. Date arrived............May 22
4. Average temperature around arrival.........62 degrees
5. Number of chickens, ducks, geese, etc bought........ordered 48, received only 40, the others should arrive next week!
6. Number dead at arrival.................one, my only Silkie
7. Number dead within 2 days.............none
8. Number dead within a week........lost an EE, a GLW and a Blk Star

9. Your customer review...............would not order from this hatchery again. Customer service is friendly but the chicks aren't as happy and healthy as the above mentioned hatchery and Meyer hatchery is closer to me! One EE is very pitiful. Not growing well and seems to have digestive problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
i got mine from ideal poultry shipped 3-24 recieved 3-24 i believe the temp was mid 70s i ordered 100 prolly got extras didnt count 0 dead on arival 0 dead within 2 days 0 dead within a week great customer service cant wait till i have more space to order more

Meyer Hatchery

Hatched May 19
Arrived May 21

Temp 40 F

Received 15 chicks, all healthy so far (today is day 5 - 9 golden campines, 3 buff laced polish, 3 golden laced wyandottes)

Will still be neverous until after day 14 passes (my first hatchery order was with MM, and they had AE, so I lost a majority of them).

Chicks are very active
smile.png

Z

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

1. Name of hatchery...........Metzer Farms
2. Shipping Date..........Dec 3,
3. Date arrived............Dec 4
4. Average temperature around arrival.........28 degrees
5. Number of chickens, ducks, geese, etc bought........ordered 12, received 13
6. Number dead at arrival.................none
8. Number dead within a week........none

9. Absolutely will order any waterfowl from them. Top rate hybrids of their own development.

1. Name of hatchery...... Ideal
2. Shipping Date.........Dec 5
3. Date arrived........Dec 6
4. Average temperature around arrival........29 degrees
5. Number of chickens, ducks, geese, etc bought............ordered 25 RIR chicks, no extras.
6. Number dead at arrival............none

9. Your customer review.......Very good results. One roo showed up out of the pullets. Started laying at a little over 4 months. Nice birds.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

1. Name of hatchery...........Ideal
2. Shipping Date..........March 7
3. Date arrived............March 8
4. Average temperature around arrival.........42 degrees
5. Number of chickens, ducks, geese, etc bought........ordered 35, received only 40, recieved one extra!
6. Number dead at arrival.................none

9. Your customer review...............healthy birds. and fast growing black broilers.

1. Name of hatchery...... Ideal
2. Shipping Date.........May 7
3. Date arrived........May 9
4. Average temperature around arrival........60 degrees
5. Number of chickens, ducks, geese, etc bought............ordered 54 chicks, received 54,
6. Number dead at arrival............one

9. Your customer review.......Very good results. Happy, healthy large chicks.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Recieved 22 Buff Orpingtons and barred Rocks from the Feed Co-op, in March from Privett Hatchery. All pullets and very good looking birds.

Thats it for now!

Last edited:
1. Name of hatchery. Meyer Hatchery
2. Shipping Date. 3/3
3. Date arrived. 3/4
4. Average temperature arround arrival. 45 ish
5. Number of chickens, ducks, geese, etc bought. 12 chics
6. Number dead at arrival. 0
7. Number dead within 2 days. 0
8. Number dead within a week. 0

9. Your customer review. Excellent customer service, shipped chics with a heat pack and gro-gel. Would order from them again but I will wait for warmer weather.

1. Name of hatchery. IDEAL
2. Shipping Date. Aug. 8,2007
3. Date arrived. Aug 10, 2007 EARLY! Before 6am
4. Average temperature arround arrival. 72 degrees
5. Number of chickens, ducks, geese, etc bought. 17 Buff Orpingtons and 1 extra included
6. Number dead at arrival. Zero, *extra was weak and smaller and I kept inside for 2 weeks to baby him*
7. Number dead within 2 days. Zero
8. Number dead within a week. Zero

9. Your customer review

I loved Ideal, they were prompt in shipment and all except the little runt arrived in perfect condition. Everyone told me to order twice as many as I needed because probably half may die...ALL survived and thrived and I ended up giving away 3 roos and keeping one. Only one mistake...one pullet was a roo <I ordered 2 cockerals and they put 1 in for warmth> then found out one of my favorite big hens..had a deep cock a doodle doooooo one morning when I came out to feed!
Customer service was a real human, no computer cues to go through, and very helpful and courteous. I'd definitely order from again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom