1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hatchery Help?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by AppleCrisp, Nov 24, 2007.

1. AppleCrisp

AppleCrisp Out Of The Brooder

Nov 16, 2007
    I was talking to my dad saying I wanted to get some chickens, particularly Silkies. And I have no darn clue where I could get a few, so I suggested ordering from a Hatchery and the one I was suggesting was in the states(I'm in canada) and he told me the chicks wouldn't make it here alive... [​IMG]
    So what I'm wondering is what's the farthest away a hatchery can be and you will still get live chicks?
    Thanks so much [​IMG]

2. jazzchicken

jazzchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2007
    Georgia
    I don't particularly know if they would live or not. What I want to know is where did you look at ordering from? None of the hatcheries that I have looked at don't have any birds right now

3. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    I think the question would be how much it would cost to get the birds shipped to you in under two days. You don't want it to take any longer. Just call the hatcheries you are thinking about using to see if they can accomodate your needs.

4. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

And I wonder if they can ship to canada? There may be rules against it. Maybe you can find a Canadian hatchery?

5. AppleCrisp

AppleCrisp Out Of The Brooder

Nov 16, 2007
    Hmmm. I'll keep looking/trying. lol
    Thanks for all your help. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by