Hatchery in Indiana?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by HorizonChickens, Apr 1, 2010.

1. HorizonChickens

HorizonChickens Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2010
    Linden
    Does anyone know of any hatchery or breeders in Indiana?

2. ()relics

()relics horse/dog shrink

Jan 4, 2009
    indiana
    ....that would depend on what breeds you are looking for....there are plenty of private breeders of most breeds and varieties of birds...As far as commercial hatcheries? There used to be 1 in Remmington, IN. (Fairview ?) but it was shut down several years ago due to money issues...others? No Idea

3. HorizonChickens

Mar 28, 2010
    Linden
    thanks relics. Would love to support the private, small breeders if possible. Have looked for the large hatchery's via google (topeka today-lol), thought I'd see if anyone here knew of or were breeders we might be able to chat with.

4. Little Ameraucana Mom

Little Ameraucana Mom Need Help, Can't stop hatching!!!

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In
    What breeds are you looking for???? I have all Bantams- ameraucana, cochin, silkies, and d'Uccles. My daughter has marans, and LF ameraucana's.

5. HorizonChickens

Mar 28, 2010
    Linden
    Little Ameraucana Mom - we'd love to have some Ameraucana's - have heard they are friendly, calm and gentle. Would love to chat more - have my first 6 pullets at 3 days old right now and would like to add perhaps 6 more to complete my flock. PM me when you get a moment and I'll give you a call.

6. ghulst

ghulst Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Zeeland Michigan
  7. HorizonChickens

Mar 28, 2010
    Linden
    Thanks ghulst. is the 25 limit strict or do they sell in smaller quantities- only want 6 more at present.

8. judyc

judyc Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    Are you in Linden, IN? I pass through there everyday! We have a farm east of Romney. I have Columbian Wyandottes and White Muscovys. Also starting with BEI ducks.

Would love to visit with you.

Your dogs are beautiful.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by