Hatchery mixed up chicks!

jlbiggs

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 23, 2013
Iowa
So we ordered 9 silver laced, 9 ISA Browns, 1 leg horn, 3 Americans, and 10 red Rangers broilers.. Well they mixed everybody up and the broilers were suppose to go to someone else...
1f621.png
I actually drove back to the hatchery to get them sorted and she was of absolute no help... The silver laced and Americanas I have identitfied no problem.. My problem is the 8 ISA (8 pullets and 1 roo) and 10 rangers (straight run) and of course the leg horn... Any particular characteristics I can use to help sort them? Me are thinking about giving it a few weeks and hopefully they start to look more different... Some have golden stripes, some are just golden, and others jury plain light yellow/white.. Technically I should only have 2 light chicks (leg horn and ISA sex linked roo) but I have like 5 and u also have this Radom dark chick idk where it belongs

Last edited:
The ones with stripes and colors are rangers. ISA browns are lighter, often with a white blush or almost a white stripe on their bodies. their feathers always have strong amount of white where it is black on rangers.

second and fourth pic looks ISA, third ranger.

btw normally chicks are mixed together with no marking for breeds. Marking, if offered is usually only by special request.

Last edited:
The ones with stripes and colors are rangers. ISA browns are lighter, often with a white blush or almost a white stripe on their bodies. their feathers always have strong amount of white where it is black on rangers.

btw normally chicks are mixed together with no marking for breeds. Marking, if offered is usually only by special request.
x2

x3

Back
Top Bottom