Hatchery Order - problems - help!

BayCityBabe

Songster
11 Years
May 1, 2008
I ordered from Cackle a couple of weeks ago. I am totally freaked out by the lack of communication. I have an order # and cannot get anyone on the phone. Can't get an answer to an e-mail.
Is this to be expected? Business as usual? I am new to this world of chicken raising.
Today they posted a msg. hinting about delays. To be honest, I am worried that a delay that is weeks and weeks long will mess up my plans. I have a wedding to go to and a trusted chicken sitter. HOWEVER, I never planned to leave this person with a high maintenance clutch of new chicks.
Any thoughts?

I hear that they are getting really back logged this year due to high demand. From posts I am reading, you aren't the first one. I think I remember hearing that they are trying to get contact with people within 10 days of the ship date? Best of luck.

PERSONAL APOLOGY from the owners – We are so sorry that all of our phone lines are busy helping customers with call in orders. Internet orders are being processed in the order received and be assured if you have an order number, your order is being processed and we are securing a hatching date for you and will MAIL you a confirmation with arrival date. Please be patient. We are hatching 110,000 birds weekly and securing your order as soon as humanly possible.

They have that written on the 1st page of their website. I ordered goslings from them and havent gotten my confirmation order yet. Its been 10 days.​

I called them in March and ordered my chicks, got through on second try. They gave me a hatch date of April 9 and delivery date of April 11 right there on the phone. They arrived the day they said. Everyone healthy and alive.

I had a very good experience with them and would use them again in a heartbeat

Back
Top Bottom