Hatchery Recommendations???

Wow, so looks like COVID is going to cause the same fiasco in our hobby as last year- I can barely find breeds available. :(

I've ordered from both Meyer and McMurray in the past (and both have been great for me) but they have really limited selections. I know everywhere will probably be the same- but just curious if anyone had recommendations other than those two?

Thanks!
Mt. Healthy Hatchery 🙂

If you aren't able to get what you want, you may want to check your local Tractor Supply. You can sign up for emails if you haven't already and they will keep you updated on when Chick Days start. You can also order chicks through them before they arrive. This could be your Plan B depending on what breeds you are looking for.
I am hoping you are able to get those chicks you want!

Looks like I can get everything I was hoping to between 3 hatcheries. So I guess I'll just get 3 shipments! I don't mind doing that this year since I am starting over on the flock after moving to KY!

THANKS ALL. I went ahead and bought from Meyer Hatchery (after all that) and also Valley Hatchery. I've used Meyer 4 times so grabbed the ones there I knew I wanted, and then hit up Valley as they had some pretty unique ones that are hard to find. Sure, I'm out $300 and have a pile of chickens coming 3/22... but hey I wrote the chicken math article so at a minimum I should abide by my laws!

Back
Top Bottom