Hatchery recommendations

Silly Indie

Songster
Jul 3, 2020
Hello! This coming spring I would like to get some more bantams as a mink attack earlier this summer left us with only one silkie hen and the bantam Rhode Island Red rooster. I really miss the little guys and the Bantie coop feels so empty since it only has the silkie and her chick. I’ve never ordered from a hatchery before so don’t really know the process and dos and don’ts. I’m open to the idea of hatching eggs as well but I’d prefer to get day olds from somewhere that vaccinates their chicks against mareks and the like but it’s not a deal breaker. Also any breed suggestions? So far on my list I have:
Silkies
Sebrights
Belgian bearded Du’ucle ( mille fleur and maybe some other colors)
Bantam Cochins
Maybe more bantam RIR
Frizzles maybe but I don’t know a lot about them
Old English game bantam
So far that’s my list I’m open to suggestions and any other information.

I'm making an assumption that you are in USA. Would be nice to see a general location in your profile. Makes giving advice slightly easier. We don't need your address,,,,,, just general location, and if that is a privacy concern,,, then just lie,, and post a nearby city.

Murray McMurray is a good reputable hatchery to order from. There are others also equally good.
Here is a snipshot from their website,
Murray McMurray.PNG

and here is a link to their website.
https://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/index.html

Best to order early in spring, and request delivery week. Certain chicks do sell out,,,,, so you may have to opt for earlier order request, when availability is still there. Best to contact them and ask everything from them.

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :highfive:

Back
Top Bottom