Hatchery Whiting True Blues

I think the group is simply called whiting true blues. If you search on facebook it should come right up.

@TexasBlues, thank you so much for tracking down this interview! Wow, so much WTB breeding information packed into it; the genetics are fascinating.

If you're willing, could you share the name of that WTB Facebook group? It never occurred to me to check FB for WTB enthusiasts.

Again, many thanks for finding and sharing this interview!

Really enjoyed reading that interview
too👌🏻🙂 I think Dr. Whiting is doing a great job and we are all indebt to him for bringing us such fine fowl.

Thank you for those links!!
No problem. Here’s my WTBs from today.
IMG_1471.jpeg
IMG_1469.jpeg
IMG_1468.jpeg

I'm ordering Whiting True Blues from Murray McMurray. The descriptions say that feather colors vary widely -- do they try to breed for different colors and send a variety, or does every batch look about the same? I'm hoping to get something that looks like the cover photo for Whitings; not sure if that's representative of the breed or something like a rare Pokemon card.
View attachment 3719278
I don't know the name of this Pokemon but I want it too

I sent an email to the hatchery to see if I could interview dr whiting on the development of the true blue. I’ve read conflicting accounts of how they were made and would like to clear up the confusion.
That would be so interesting. You know his own fly fishing feather company website might have his email on it. Have you gotten on there? it's pretty interesting.
all I can say is there’s a variety of colors and patterns with the chicks I got from shipped eggs. You can see them here:
It was still so green last month before the freeze hit. I had my babies out almost every day also.

Attachments

• whiting-624x624-1724800594.jpg
    whiting-624x624-1724800594.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom