hatchery??

Hillschicks

Songster
7 Years
Jul 17, 2012
Reviewing our list of chickens we desire in our spring order we hit a snag... We usually order from meyer hatchery as its close to michigan and has never given us a problem... But we want frizzle and the only frizzles offered by meyer are straight run...

Anyone know a hatchery they trust where we could get sexed frizzles?? Or it it not possible to sex day old frizzles??

I think most hatcheries only offer frizzles in bantams. I don't know of a hatchery that offers any bantams sexed. Maybe someone else will though.....gonna go Googling and see what I can find!
Nikki

Ok, back already! The answer I was looking for was actually on BYC (go figure :p ). Anyway, apparently My Pet Chicken offers bantams sexed- I didn't look to see if they had frizzles however. One thing mentioned on this particular thread was the cost of shipping. The OP of that thread was looking to order 4 chicks, and for that number of birds shipping would've cost $60 (holey moley). It may be more cost effective and easier to find what you're looking for locally. Browse Craigslist, or go to the Where Am I? Where Are You? section, find the thread for your state and ask if anyone near you has any frizzled whatever you're looking for near you. Good luck!

Last edited:
$60 is alot for shipping... But its not a deal breaker... Just want some frizzle to breed into my flock... An investment into my hobby :) ... Thanks for the info, i will check around and like you said maybe find someone local-ish

I would just order from meyer's and get what you get. I'd ou get a female, you cj have her eggs, but if you get a male, he can fertilize your eggs. Anyways, you know what meyer's is like (good).

Back
Top Bottom