Hatches this week?? Dec 28-Jan 1st??

You can try to clean it, but you might not have enough time. Do you have other eggs in the bator that they are in now? Some that are due after Thursday? If not, you can just leave them in there, you'll need to stop turning them tomorrow anyway. You should really give the bobwhite eggs a few extra days to hatch, just to make sure they are done.

Quote:
im going to second this EXACTLY!! Same EXACT thing over here....i blame the bator lol it went hay wire a couple times but i put it in its place pretty darn quick haha! Im "due" the 31st

I have 5 of my Phoenix that go to the hatcher tomorrow and one Bantam Cochin but I think it quit.

I may very well have New Years Day babies as my Phoenix hatch on Day 20 typically.

This is my first post. I just joined.
I let my Black Star sit starting the 7th. (she insisted!)
Yesterday I went out to the coop and discovered our first baby!!! It was almost as exciting as my first child! She has five other eggs under her and nothing yet. (i candled them a week ago and they were moving)
I am concerned. How long before they all should hatch. I read 24 hours somewhere. It has been that long. When should I give up and take them out from under her. If I have to do that.....then what?????
The peep was already fluffy when I found it. Does that mean it was already a day old?
There is so much to this!!!
barnie.gif

I had Royal Palms and ducks hatch in the last 3 days...only 1 turkey and 2 ducks, but they were from shipped eggs. I have 7 black and blue Copper Marans due today...I'm worried about them since I've had to open the hatcher so much to take out the ducks and turkeys, but there's one pip, so
fl.gif

jeepers - let her sit on them up 48 hours or so after they were due. If I'm calculating right, they weren't due until yesterday and sometimes they can hatch late. The little one can survive on its yolk sac for up to 72 hours, which is nature's way of letting mom sit longer for the late ones. Once she gets off the nest it's over.

Back
Top Bottom