Hatching 2 days early??? I'm stressing out!!

Alright I've got 6 now and 2 eggs that have no activity :( I really hope they do... I don't think any of the colors I have right now are one of the colors I wanted. I'm really lost about identifying the color they are, too, but if I had to take a wild stab in the dark, the ones with all yellow heads are porcelains/lavender mille fleurs and the ones that have yellow faces but gray on the top of the head are blue quail. There was a chance for blue buff columbian in there and I'm trying not to be a pouty party pooper about none of them being that color.

The last egg to hatch was the one I was most concerned for, the egg with the air cell on the wrong end. Looks like it worked out!

I'm attaching pictures, each photo is of a different bird. Three are still fluffing up in the incubator. The whole batch are Belgian bearded d'anvers in a grab bag mix of flavors.
@Amer might know about the colours

@Amer might know about the colours
I was gonna take real nice pics with the DSLR today in daylight so the images for ID are great. But here's the best I can do with my phone in the dark using flash and attempting color correction, with all kiddos in frame at once.

Attachments

• 20210715_235130.jpg
    20210715_235130.jpg
    481 KB · Views: 5
I want to mention that these are the *chillest* chicks I've ever had the pleasure of playing with. They aren't afraid of me at all. They come running to investigate my hand, and chase it around the brooder. They're so curious and friendly. I've had chickens for about 5 years now, I've raised chicks 4 times, but this is my first time incubating and hatching to get chicks. Do they imprint? Does this have something to do with the fact that they've been seeing my face and hands since they were able to see out of their egg? I'm stunned by how friendly and fearless they are.

I want to thank the person who said I could talk to the birds. I did talk to them while they hatched, and I talked to them when I took them out for the first time and held them for a long while. They'd peep and I'd sing a note or coo back. They aren't startled to hear me talk but they are startled if I cough or hiccup.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom