hatching 22 shipped call duck eggs! 8 left.

Which will hatch best??

• keep at 45 degree angle

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • lay on sides

Votes: 13 81.3%
  • keep in carton

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
also there's been no condensation whatsoever, so I'm pretty sure they're fine. I plan to take them out of the carton a day before lockdown, depending on the air cells.

Tossed another egg today, air-cell was all over the place and no baby. I now have 19 eggs and guess what? my two smallest eggs are fertile!!!! YAY!!!! and a bunch of others which I will count at noon. Does anybody know what breeds they'll be depending on the color of the eggs? I have white eggs and greenish colored eggs, as you can see in one of the pictures. I don't really care but I am curious. :') So happy.

Did you buy a mixed flock of calls? Then no idea. But my grey calls always had greenish eggs. I'd guess a colored call may have a darker egg and a white call has lighter?.....but totally guessing.

Yeah mixed, bibbed, white, grey, snowy, pastel, crested, etc. I think the white eggs are whites, but I'm not sure. too bad she didn't mark them. Oh well more of a surprise! There are 9 definitely developing, and a few I'm not sure about. how many out of nine do you think will hatch?
jumpy.gif
My neighbors just had their first chicks hatch yesterday so I am getting so excited!

tossed 3 today, 16 left, 9 obviously growing. I am so excited, I can see their heartbeats when I candle!!! <3 haven't seen eyes yet which is usually one of the first things you notice on chickens..
idunno.gif
oh well I am just happy they are growing

I'm off to soccer practice!

I think one of them quit. :( I can see the eyes now on some of them so that's good. quick question, do you count the days from when you put them in or do you skip that day?

Back
Top Bottom