Hatching A Robin Egg???

@wildone, there's a huge difference between raising a robin from a puffball stage and raising one from birth. The naked, just-out-of-the-egg stage is the most vulnerable time in a baby bird's life. Also, I'm skeptical that egg and nothing else fits a robin's nutritional needs. When you say it "did fine", did it feather out properly? Are you sure it was healthy when you released it and not just surviving?

i say give it a shot. i have raised a baby robin, and they are tough! well sorta. we fed our tiny puffball every 30 minutes, (not at night) and it did fine.

we fed it hardboiled egg.
Can I ask what temp the newly hatched babies should be kept at? I can't find any info online about this

Look on YouTube for A Chick Called Albert. That guy hatched and raised a robin or sparrow. Anyway it was the tiniest little dinosaur when it hatched naked and helpless. He had to catch flies and feed it every 20 minutes. Not something I would do. He has a lot of experience rescuing wildlife.

Is this a joke or are you being real? I discovered and egg and found the nest but grabbed it to show someone before looking it up on what I should do. Now I have a nest with 4 robin eggs and I feel like a murderer. I would at least like to try to make amends for my mistake. But I feel like boiled eggs is some sort of cannibalism. Plz let me know if this is actually something you did...and I wil be on standby to see if you reply. Thanks

actually a living organism rather than a bundle of tissue.
while I do agree to not “save” the egg due to laws and other concerns about raising the chick… I do not agree with this statement, because should they incubate that egg and should it be viable that “bundle of tissue” IS in fact a living organism, a living being. Even before it hatches.

Not a robin But a couple years ago I hatched this egg I found under a tree
1716516650765.png

I will keep looking but I don’t see a neat. I don’t understand how it would have possibly fallen out of that big tree and not cracked though! Even if I did find the nest, if it had other eggs in it I wouldn’t want to put it back because I feel like mama might abandon her whole nest if she smells a human. Looking it up 100 f is the closest I can find for wild bird eggs at all- I have an incubator and a heat lamp, not sure what would work best though... not saying I’m going to do it, just tossing over ideas.
That is a myth that the bird will abandon the nest/baby/egg if you touch them.

Back
Top Bottom