Hatching advice needed/ hatching dirty eggs

Hello everyone! Boy was I glad to find this. I'm having the exact same problem, however my girls eggs are a lot dirtier than the ones in the image. I moved her to a cleaner spot, however I'm worried about the eggs. If there are pieces of egg shell and yolk stuck to them, should I wash them? I would really appreciate your advice, this is my first time with a broody hen hatching her own eggs, so I'm not sure what to do for them.
Sorry. Just saw your post. Hopefully a resident hatch expert will reply. How far into the incubation are they?

Sorry. Just saw your post. Hopefully a resident hatch expert will reply. How far into the incubation are they?

They've actually started hatching! We have three so far. I candled them last night because there were still 11 eggs, and removed 5 of them. Two looked just solid, so I couldn't tell if it was viable or not. I left it in there. The other four I could see veins and the babies inside moved, so knew those were good. They're hatching really slowly though. Like, one a day.

The one I wasn't sure about busted open while I was at work today. It was incredibly foul. We cleaned out the whole box and wiped the remaining eggs with water. I'm hoping that at least the other four that I saw babies moving inside of will make it.

They've actually started hatching! We have three so far. I candled them last night because there were still 11 eggs, and removed 5 of them. Two looked just solid, so I couldn't tell if it was viable or not. I left it in there. The other four I could see veins and the babies inside moved, so knew those were good. They're hatching really slowly though. Like, one a day.

The one I wasn't sure about busted open while I was at work today. It was incredibly foul. We cleaned out the whole box and wiped the remaining eggs with water. I'm hoping that at least the other four that I saw babies moving inside of will make it.
That's wonderful! I'll cross my fingers for you.
My Lucy only hatched one chick. She seems content with her single chick.

Back
Top Bottom