Hatching advice needed please

victoriaH

Hatching
Apr 3, 2022
Hi Shipped silkie eggs, 3 out the 6 developed as they should. Day 21 was yesterday. One pipped and was out quite quickly at 6.45-7pm last night. No other action since then with the other two and it’s coming up to 14hrs. Chick that’s out is fluffing up nicely & looks like it will be ok to come out soon. Obviously I’ll keep the other eggs in but is there still hope? Only my 2nd hatch and first one they were all out same day on day 21. Any advice welcome. Thanks

Hi Shipped silkie eggs, 3 out the 6 developed as they should. Day 21 was yesterday. One pipped and was out quite quickly at 6.45-7pm last night. No other action since then with the other two and it’s coming up to 14hrs. Chick that’s out is fluffing up nicely & looks like it will be ok to come out soon. Obviously I’ll keep the other eggs in but is there still hope? Only my 2nd hatch and first one they were all out same day on day 21. Any advice welcome. Thanks
yes there's still hope. You can take the fluffed chick out now if you wish, might be best to do sooner rather than later, incase another egg external pips.
Give them time, it's pretty common for some to hatch on day 22, sometimes even later than that!
Best of luck with your hatch!

Thank you 🙏 yes we quickly got him/her out & into the brooder & hasn’t stopped chirping , really hope we don’t end up with 1 lone chick. Would anyone recommend candling them tonight see if we can see movement or just leave alone? No movements I can see and no sounds

Thank you 🙏 yes we quickly got him/her out & into the brooder & hasn’t stopped chirping , really hope we don’t end up with 1 lone chick. Would anyone recommend candling them tonight see if we can see movement or just leave alone? No movements I can see and no sounds
Try giving her a little mirror, this helped when I had a lone duckling-it could be worth a try for the lone chick. Hopefully her siblings hatch soon!
Personally I would leave them be for now and candle tomorrow if there's no action. I know waiting is hard though!

Back
Top Bottom