Eggs are hatching!

Krosemary

In the Brooder
Feb 28, 2024
Day 21 and my chicken eggs pipped. 2 out of 3 have now hatched overnight, but 1 is going on 12 hours. I am being patient as I know it can take a bit but this egg has a saddle shaped air sac unlike the others and is much larger than the others. Can the size of the egg and the air sac affect the timing this much?

Also the size of the egg might mean you have to help as the chick can't reach the sides to zip
Could you please explain where you heard this? This is how fake information is spread on the internet.

Can the size of the egg and the air sac affect the timing this much?
I've had small eggs and large eggs hatch as much as two full days early under a broody hen and in my incubator. I've had small eggs and large eggs hatch pretty much on time under a broody hen and in an incubator. I've had eggs about the same size hatch close to two days apart. The size of the egg might influence how quickly it hatches but there are a lot of other factors too. I wish these factors were more direct and easier to understand than they are but that is not the real world. Hatching is always an adventure.

Good luck!

Could you please explain where you heard this? This is how fake information is spread on the internet.
I don't remember where I read it but I am not saying it is true that is why I said might I know you can't believe everything you read on the Internet
I have had big eggs hatch fine too probably should have said that I don't know how true it was but I did say might
Sorry if I am saying false information

Day 21 and my chicken eggs pipped. 2 out of 3 have now hatched overnight, but 1 is going on 12 hours. I am being patient as I know it can take a bit but this egg has a saddle shaped air sac unlike the others and is much larger than the others. Can the size of the egg and the air sac affect the timing this much?
It is now 12:25 and still nothing... the other two are pretty fluffy and almost dry and I still see a beak but I'm starting to get nervous about chick #3.

It is now 12:25 and still nothing... the other two are pretty fluffy and almost dry and I still see a beak but I'm starting to get nervous about chick #3.
I don't know how long it has been but wait 24 hours before helping and check out the posts on how and when to help (I quoted them above) Good luck

Back
Top Bottom