Hatching assistance - help!!

Thank you Jessica,

I decided to go ahead and assist, it had kicked around enough that most of the shell was broken and it looked like the membrane was drying out next to her beak, so I slowly peeled it all away, the only spot that was still bleeding was where the cord was attached, so I used some corn starch and put her back in the incubator. I removed the other chick that hatched yesterday b/c it was walking all over the weak one. after a couple hours I took it back out and used a warm wet paper towel to wipe away dried blood and then dabbed cornstarch again. I also found small amount of bleeding under one of it's wings, so I dabbed that too and put her back in the incubator. The chick (I think I'll name it Hope) still has a strong chirp, so I'm hoping she'll pull through.

Sonia

Thank you Jessica,

I decided to go ahead and assist, it had kicked around enough that most of the shell was broken and it looked like the membrane was drying out next to her beak, so I slowly peeled it all away, the only spot that was still bleeding was where the cord was attached, so I used some corn starch and put her back in the incubator.  I removed the other chick that hatched yesterday b/c it was walking all over the weak one.  after a couple hours I took it back out and used a warm wet paper towel to wipe away dried blood and then dabbed cornstarch again.  I also found small amount of bleeding under one of it's wings, so I dabbed that too and put her back in the incubator.  The chick (I think I'll name it Hope) still has a strong chirp, so I'm hoping she'll pull through.

Sonia
Good job! Im so happy everything is working out good so far. I would love to see pics if you can post them.

Back
Top Bottom