hatching babies

penny harris

Hatching
Sep 3, 2019
we got a hen when we found it it was setting on 6 eggs a few days later it was setting on 14 eggs took the hen put it in a pen by it self on friday i got up it had 2 baby chicks nothing sence than she has separated her eggs to to different piles go back out the next day she put them all back together an she is still setting on them its been 5 days sence the frist hatched is she done or whats going on should i take the eggs out an put in enkabator or leave along

:welcome :frow Different birds could have layed eggs in her nest when she got off them so I would candle them and see how they look and put them in your incubator. They could be in different stages of development. If you have a turner I would put them in it. I have made the mistake of marking the wrong week on my calendar and the chicks hatched while in the turner. They did ok. Good luck and have fun...

If you see a pip then you can take them out of the turner if you put them in a turner or hand turn them until you get a pip, check them quite often. You can mist the eggs when you open the incubator and that will help the humidity recover more quickly and help so the membrane stays moist and to help keep the chicks from sticking. Again good luck and have fun...

Back
Top Bottom