Hatching Back yard duck mix :) 8+ eggs.

bantiehen

Songster
8 Years
Nov 22, 2011
Montana
Okay I have Four Indian Runner ducks two drakes and two hens. One drake is chocolate the other is Fawn and white. Both hens are Chocolate
And I also have a mallard hen all three hens are laying . The Runners are laying a mint colored egg for me and my mallard is laying a olive colored egg and I saw the size difference. So correction I do know the difference :)lol
smile.png

My chocolate drake has been mating with my Mallard hen so that will be a cross.

Fertility rate pretty good I have 6 eggs in there now from them and so far 4 are developing. I can send you a mixture of both if that's what you would like. If you just want mallard then let me know or if you just want runner let me know
smile.png

Yes they really are runners as you can see in the picture of my chocolate runner hen. I bought them at Shiptons Big R in Billings Montana its a feed.ranch,farm clothes store. I don't know where Shiptons get them from. I bought the hens a year ago and soon the Two Runner Drakes and the mallard a little after I got my two hens. (If I get anymore silly questions then I'm gonna close this).

Cannot guarantee how the post office handles them once they leave my hands. I do bubble wrap the eggs and try to ship like on a Tuesday the latest I usually is Wednesday. I do ship with a confirmation number.

Last edited:
What hatchery did you get your runners from? Do they stand up straight or more like a regular duck? I really want some green eggs.

Quote:
I didn't get them from a hatchery I got them from Shipton's its a feed/ farm/ranch/clothes store etc etc. I don't know where they got them from cause they wont tell people. They stand up straight like Runners should.
I got the chocolate Indian runner girls a year ago and the drakes a little after that and my mallard duck hen. They stand up straight like runners do not like a regular duck at all.

112332_picture_1138.jpg
[/img] Mocha my Chocolate Indian Runner hen. not a great picture
112332_picture_1139.jpg
[/img] Mocha again.

Back
Top Bottom