Hatching bantam call ducks ques?

BreezyBre

Songster
Apr 6, 2018
San Diego CA
I got myself some porcelain D'uccles to hatch and then a friend traded me some of her little eggs ( silkies & call duck bantam) to hatch for sourdough starter lol. I've Never hatched a bantam call duck I assume since I got all the eggs together they can be incubated in same time frame as the chickens ?

Calls usually hatch in 26 days. I rarely have them go over that.
They do not require higher humidity. Matter of fact, I just finished a round of porcelain d’Uccle and call ducks too! I set them about 5 days apart, but the d’Uccles pipped and hatched on day 19 and 20, sooner than I expected. I moved them to a different incubator to hatch, because I came home one evening they were all pipped early :eek:
Then the ducks hatched a couple days later.

Better quality calls take a little more care to hatch, and often require assistance. Their bills and necks are both short, which can make it hard for them to pip. But they are soooo worth it! :D Not much cuter in my opinion than a baby call duckling.

Best of luck with your hatch. I’d hold the call eggs and wait a few days to set them, if you want them to hatch together.
4F0DC219-A6E2-418B-8D41-7958A7F032B7.jpeg
D5D6C567-E24A-4686-B128-4375AA2C0405.jpeg
07C9B9B5-E604-41C1-9351-9D9D353601C7.jpeg
41081C01-B4BD-4B14-B68C-A21ABC80C0AD.jpeg

Calls usually hatch in 26 days. I rarely have them go over that.
They do not require higher humidity. Matter of fact, I just finished a round of porcelain d’Uccle and call ducks too! I set them about 5 days apart, but the d’Uccles pipped and hatched on day 19 and 20, sooner than I expected. I moved them to a different incubator to hatch, because I came home one evening they were all pipped early :eek:
Then the ducks hatched a couple days later.

Better quality calls take a little more care to hatch, and often require assistance. Their bills and necks are both short, which can make it hard for them to pip. But they are soooo worth it! :D Not much cuter in my opinion than a baby call duckling.

Best of luck with your hatch. I’d hold the call eggs and wait a few days to set them, if you want them to hatch together.
View attachment 2085377View attachment 2085378View attachment 2085379View attachment 2085380
Awwwe beautiful babies ! Thank you I talked with the lady I got them from just to hear her specifics of how she does it and she's the same as you hatching them together with no issue . So for now I will do it this way until I can I get another incubator because clearly only having one isn't enough lololol

Awwwe beautiful babies ! Thank you I talked with the lady I got them from just to hear her specifics of how she does it and she's the same as you hatching them together with no issue . So for now I will do it this way until I can I get another incubator because clearly only having one isn't enough lololol

uh oh, I suspect we have another incubating addict. :lau

Back
Top Bottom