Hatching Buddies? Button Quail Eggs Due 9/10. HATCHING NOW!!!! PICS!!!

HATCHING PARTY!!

64972_poo.png

OMG those are SO CUTE and TINY!! I want one now..LOL..

Here is a picture of two of ours.. a cochin and a houdan.

2011-09-09_14-20-12_365.jpg

Oh they're so precious!!! And I have the same incubator but with out the egg turner. Your setup is really nice. I got my last batch of Coturnix eggs in the incubator, There due next week.
smile.png

What type of incubator is that?

I'm trying to gather info on incubators, I'm not in the position to hatch.

Gosh button babies are TINY!!!! Sadly my pet shop has said that they hardly sell any and only take them 2 at a time so I have to find some alternative for them before I hatch any.
sad.png

......and CONGRATULATIONS to all those with chicks, I still have 3 days to wait for my bantam babies.
big_smile.png

Quote:
the incubator I'm using is actually the cheapest and crappiest incubator on the market. (it's like $20) The reason I used it was because my GOOD incubator was broken and I was in a rush to get these eggs into something, so I found this incubator in the corner of my room. It's horrible at keeping temperature unless you do what I did which was get an easy dimmer and place the little incubator in a larger cooler. Like that it will be 100 times better than any Little Giant, and those cost $40 for a still air one.

This incubator is smaller than it looks and you should really only use it to hatch quail eggs, but 2 or 3 chicken eggs do fit inside. Hand turning is the only option. Get a digital thermometer with a probe and a hydrometer. Here's a link for a two in one deal that's GREAT for this incubator: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Digital-EGG-incubator-THERMOMETER-Hygrometer-Remote-/270728590583?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f08ae74f7#ht_1921wt_1163

That
will be the best. All of the live eggs that I put into this incubator hatched, so you will have a good chance too
smile.png

Quote:
oh, here's a link to the same incubator I bought. http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Chickbator-Egg-Incubator-9100-Hatch-Egg-Candler-/230560416915?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35ae78c493#ht_500wt_1180

To
have a successful hatch I HIGHLY recommend getting the thermometer/hydrometer with a probe, a dimmer, and a styrofoam cooler that can fit this in.

Wow! That would be a perfect incubator for us! And it's so decently priced
smile.png
Thanks for the link! Not that my chickens are laying yet, but when they do, I have an option.

Back
Top Bottom