Hatching Buff Orpingtons

Jules66

Chirping
Aug 12, 2020
I am incubating BO eggs, 5 days to HATCH DAY! I am worried because their shells are hard to crack. Has anyone ever needed to intervene or help the little peeps get out?

I am incubating BO eggs, 5 days to HATCH DAY! I am worried because their shells are hard to crack. Has anyone ever needed to intervene or help the little peeps get out?
Don’t worry about the hardness of the shells. They’ll get out just fine. I have intervened, but only if they haven’t zipped within 36 hours after the external pip. If they’ve been internally pipped for 24 hours, I’d go ahead and help as well.

Though, some people don’t believe in helping. They don’t assist hatching chicks. Everyone has a different opinion, and everyone knows what works for them.

Don’t worry about the hardness of the shells. They’ll get out just fine. I have intervened, but only if they haven’t zipped within 36 hours after the external pip. If they’ve been internally pipped for 24 hours, I’d go ahead and help as well.

Though, some people don’t believe in helping. They don’t assist hatching chicks. Everyone has a different opinion, and everyone knows what works for them.
My brother (may he rest in perfect peace)was a chicken enthusiast. He raised MANY breeds. He would help them. I helped him some, butxthet was 45ish years ago. Thanks so much.

So, one of my eggs is moving today, is that normal?

Back
Top Bottom