Hatching call ducks

If it were me and i knew for sure that they had been internally pipped for 24 hours i would do the safety hour as small as i could get it at that point. But I am by no means the authority on calls.
Their bills are well into the air cell on all 4 eggs, I got them this close I don't want to mess it up now! They were just starting to last night, they are very active in there for what it's worth.

I do not want to hijack this thread but I'm sitting at the same number of days (25) but mine did internally pip 24 hours ago, not due to hatch until tomorrow. From what I'm seeing here I should go ahead and do a safety hole?

If it's been around 24 hours since they internally pipped, I'd go ahead and put a safety hole on top of the Aircell, If they don't progress after 48 hours of making the safety hole you can widen the hole a bit more.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/guide-to-assisted-hatching-for-all-poultry.72886/
Read this-

Tyla0603 any updates on yours? Last night when I was going to put a safety hole in mine I did notice an external pip on one egg so decided to give them until this morning and all 4 have externally pipped now. Today is day 26 on mine so I will give them 24-48 hours to do it on their own as long as they are progressing.

5 eggs set, 4 made it to lockdown. 4 hatched. I assisted 2 24 hours after external pip and 2 after 36 hours. I don't think any would have made it out on their own.
20200402_051350_HDR.jpg

5 eggs set, 4 made it to lockdown. 4 hatched. I assisted 2 24 hours after external pip and 2 after 36 hours. I don't think any would have made it out on their own.View attachment 2072158
I had to assist 8 out of my 14. Many just had got to large or couldn’t reach the shell. I set 24, 14 hatched. 3 are still in the incubator today.

congratulations on your hatch!!!

Back
Top Bottom